Thursday, June 4, 2009

City energy















Living in a city that you can draw your energy from is not such an easy thing to find. Having lived in several cities before of different sizes (from 40.000 inhabitants town to a city of 2 mio. inhabitants), I noticed that my energy and motivation has varied. Counter-intuitively, it is not direct proportional to the dimension of the city in terms of inhabitants. Rather it is the atmosphere that the city conveys.















In terms of energy, the city that would fit me best is Vienna. To me, this phenomenon is rather interesting and not completely explainable. What I feel is only the outcome of this atmosphere, namely that: the city belongs to me, that I am free to enjoy it and live it; it invites each one of you to discover it, to relax in the atmosphere of its imperial past and be a contemporary princess. Vienna is not too poor, but not too luxurious. To me, this is what assigns it that feeling of a city which belongs to everybody.















Not the same feeling is born when I am in Frankfurt A/M. The spirit of intensive corporate financial environment is everywhere and to relax in this city is not that easy. A totally different situation offers Zurich, which is a small big city, which means it is not a town, but also not a true metropolis. In Zurich you have that safety feeling that nothing can happen to you no matter where you walk or at what time. On the one hand it is a comfortable feeling, but on the other it can become a bit boring. Furthermore, leveraging all the amenities seems self-understood and you take the "luxurious" features (such as a ceramic water pipeline system) for granted. However, the significant difference versus Vienna is that all that high class features that you find in Zurich makes it obvious that the city belongs only to chosen ones.



















What is the city that supplies you with energy?

1 comment:

ed meds said...

What's Happening i'm new to this, I stumbled upon this I've found It absolutely useful and it has helped me out loads. I hope to contribute & aid different customers like its helped me. Great job.