Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Visiting Vienna again

Kaffee melange, Stephansdom, Rathausplatz, MQ, Belvedere, Schönbrunn, WU, Frey Wille, Mariahilferstrasse, Hundertwasserhaus, Naschmarkt, Sissi, Hofburg, Balls, Walzer, Wienerschnitzel, Schubert, Coffeehouse Prückel, and not least important Zanoni & Zanoni....



No matter how many times I have the chance to visit this city, I go there with the same enthusiasm as the first time. The sole difference is that whereas the first time you let yourself guided by a traveler book, in my case I let myself carried away by the atmosphere, by my mood and my reviving memories.

So how do I want to spend my day in Vienna? I'll take my bike in the morning and start my day at my favorite spot: MQ, where I'll have breakfast and coffee cream. Then I'll make a bike tour of the ring, ride along the Danube Channel and stop by the Hundertwasser House, then continue towards the Central Park.

After chilling and reading from Barack Obama's biography, I'll take my bike and head towards the Naschmarkt, the best place to have lunch. Then gaze at the Frey Wille jewelery, still unaffordable at this point, and imagine a bracelet from the collection Ode to the Joy of Life around my arm. Heading to Schönbrunn to enjoy the gardens and the view above the city, then riding at full speed towards the WU (University of Business) and from there straight to an open air cinema. The evening will pass by somewhere along the Danube Channel in one of the jazz clubs or on one of the terraces and enjoying my last hours in my favorite city.

So looking forward to that!

No comments: