Sunday, August 24, 2008

Hopes for a better end of the year

Dear all,

In order to progress in life in general, it is necessary to look back at what happened the past semester (spring semester). It is the right time to do this, as I am right before the kick-off of a new semester.
So, let's see what has gone well and what can be improved.

On the studying side, the last semester has brought up an improvement not only in the grades, which should reflect the outcome of my efforts, but also on what I have learned about how things work at the University of St Gallen and in terms of improved team work.

Starting from this spring, I have begun to prepare myself for the consulting interviews, which are known to be very tough and require lot of preparation time and not the last, a lot of luck. The results until now are somehow mixed, which calls for a careful review of what I want and what I am able to do. What is the best strategy: to grab what it is offered at a point in time, which is good, but not the "best in the class" from my perspective or to be persistent and aim for your dream job even if you encounter failures? This is a question that I don't now the answer to.

On the personal side things haven't gone very well, which involuntarily affects my performance in the other two areas. From initially having chosen the career at the expense of my private life, I feel the need to reconsider whether this really brings the best performance and whether it's worth the effort. Although things that have already happened cannot be changed anymore, I still have the chance to make a change in the future.

I leave you with the optimism for a better end of the year.
L.

No comments: